• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Culminator

Bremont Owners Club

I can't believe that this is the first Bremont post. To get the ball rolling, here's mine:

Arghhh! Flippin image posting still doesn't work for me. I'll have another go.

The preview shows the image but when I submit, it doesn't show?

Dear Culminator, you are right that Bremont does seem to be a company not well covered in forum posts, and the Wikipedia entry for Bremont is extremely brief. The history of Bremont is a short one in watch company terms, and is inextricably linked with aviation, especially that by personal fliers, including the company founders. The firm is noted for its chronometer certified automatic chronographs.

The Bremont website claims that all the watches are, "designed, manufactured and assembled in England" including bespoke components. However, I am not sure of the arrangements made for this English input.

In the future, I may do a bit of research into Bremont for a forum topic, but at present, I am not sure if there is sufficient material to provide an interesting read. This is in no way any casting of aspersions on the quality of Bremont watches, but merely to suggest that a Watch Forum-based Bremont owners club would give out their own info and experiences of Bremont watches probably more successfully than I could.:) 

• Like 1

I'm sure I have added to a Bremont owners club on here? I've bought 3 of them!

Honour, what they claim is correct. Check out the Silverstone angle. They are working towards their own movement, which will allow various modifications.

• Like 1

Thanks Caller, I note that on Amazon, the watches are titled as being "Swiss" but the legend on the actual dials reads "LONDON." I don't know who decided to use this inaccurate titling but I would be most annoyed if I was a Bremont owner or collector.:)

Similar to CW using London on their dials.  Bremont use ETA movements which of course are Swiss however, they assemble the movement, Bremont rotor added etc assemble the watch in their factory in the UK.  My guess would be the London on the dial is more to do with marketing to the international buyer.  CW name of a scouser who have an office in Maidenhead had London on their dial, J&T Windmills Rotary under a different name use Swiss movements have England on the dial.

Having handled a few Bremont watches I was quite impressed by the quality (Though I think the London thing is a bit tacky and makes me think of something you would pick up at the Madame Tussaud gift shop)  I suppose the CW thing didn't bother me because when I bought them they were only a few hundred quid.  I was talking to someone from one of their AD's and apparently the English brothers come out to their dealerships once a year to chat with their customers something I thought was quite impressive.  I like their pilot watches and in comparison to say IWC which are more expensive and don't have the same close relationship with their customers I think Bremont is a good option.

Surprised there's not been posts here for so long!  Well I bought a Bremont alt1-c in cream couple months ago and love it. 2010 model which wasn't sold till 2013. Had been serviced by Bremont before sale from a AD and indistinquable from a brand new one they had in stock.Think they over prices new at  £4500 especially after a large price hike from the year before (3750ish). Love mine. I payed a Lot less. If they got one on James Bonds wrist they'd be huge!

Edited by Badman67

I know this is an older thread but I like the look of the Bremont Isle of Man TT watch, I'm on the fence a little but might see how it looks on my wrist.

Anyone else of the TT version