• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
bananow

Opinion - Tissot Antimagnetique 1940s

Hi everyone,

I am an amateur watch enthusiast and I'd really like to add a vintage Tissot watch to my collection. I came across the watch below with very limited information and photos. From my search on the web and forums I found that it is probably Tissot Aquasport Antimagnetique military watch from 1943 or around that era. Now I'm not sure if that is accurate or if this might be an entirely different Tissot watch. I find the history fascinating and I was thinking of a purchase but I'm not sure it's worth considering.

They are functional. The dial seems ok but the crystal might be cracked a little at the bottom (can't really tell, will ask for better photos). Unfortunately the back is pretty beat up and I'm not really sure what I can do about it...probably the only option is a replacement. I'm not asking for a valuation, I know that is forbidden here. I would just like a kind opinion of more experienced collectors about the state, history and if it's worth a deal (the asking price is 100 USD).

Any help appreciated.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6449305&stc=attachment.php?attachmentid=6449313&stc=

Oh and I forgot to mention. I would probably clean the dial and hands a little :)

Can you send a picture as the pictures you have don't work.

EBay is a good indicator of most things watch related as for a pricing goes, don't think about buying a watch and then spending money on it.

There's just so many out there.

I'd probably wait for one with a better condition dial.  The fading of the Tissot logo isn't unusual - this is my 1946 one with similar patination

DSC_1427_zpswewjffkx.jpg

but i prefer this one from 1949

DSC_0072_zpsreksw7py.jpg

Wow, the 1949 one is a beauty!

I guess you're right. There's so many watches out there I should probably wait for a better condition to price ratio.

I just thought that if I would take it home I could turn it to a better condition and only pay a bargain price for it. As I talked with the owner it seems I would be able to negotiate the price to an equivalent of about 50 USD.

Btw the greenish dark color is the original dial color? I thought it's the light one.

Thank you,

Tom