• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Any one up for a competition?

Nigelp

So far we have 

1 Me with an old omega

2 Thomas with a Cartier high fashion watch

3 Monty with a Seiko which he says is crap

4 GP racer with a steiny coming up the left field

5 Levy lad with an old old Hammy.

6 New century lad jsud 2002 with more old clout

7 hughie with a posh diver

8 Icy lad with an ice blue smiths

9 dick dastardlys dog with a watch

10 A gent called avo latin i think with a lovely Omega

11 Oh and bloody hell I missed Bond in above 5 i think with a couple of Seikos 

sorry correction Bond with a couple of rolex:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Finally, a competition that I can't enter :laugh:

you can you will win try that rotary i gave you but watch for the piece of tin foil holding the battery in!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, apm101 said:

Drat, just seen this! 

Good luck everyone, I shall look forward to seeing the result.

I would have entered by Orient Disc, which I recently time at +0.1s per day over 2 days.

late comers welcome just add on the start and finish time we are allowing 24hrs relief for all the seikoist to get their ar$e in gear

1 minute ago, Krispy said:

Am I too late to join?  If not, Nigel can choose my watch for the week...

DSC00637_zpsphcjjaa6.jpg

No mate not too late at all 24 hrs relief so everyone gets a chance to join in! Those who join tomoz at 8 9 10 or whatever just finish later!

11 minutes ago, artistmike said:

Nigel, I know just how well that watch of yours is going to do, and if it's the same as it was when I wore it, you'll do extremely well indeed... :)

I'm in with my Valjoux 7750 which I like wearing for long periods, so I'm in.... :thumbsup:

14059763450_cdc00eecb2_o.jpg

I'm honoured Sir its just become a bit more special now! I wondered who the one family owner was. I love it. Its the first watch I know I will keep and why I sold my modern Omega qtz. The quality is amazing and I secretly expect it to do rather better than most peoples!:notworthy:

Edited by Nigelp

6 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

I'm honoured Sir wondered who the one family owner was. I love it. Its the first watch I know I will keep and why I sold my modern Omega qtz. The quality is amazing and I secretly expect it to do rather better than most peoples!:notworthy:

Yes it was in my family from new and I've owned it for the last few years and I'm really pleased that you like it, it really is a great little watch and the only reason I let it go was that my hands now suffer from arthritis and I have real trouble with small winders. It really is a very accurate watch and a joy to wear, so I'm really glad that you own it now and it has a good home...:)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, artistmike said:

Yes it was in my family from new and I've owned it for the last few years and I'm really pleased that you like it, it really is a great little watch and the only reason I let it go was that my hands now suffer from arthritis and I have real trouble with small winders. It really is a very accurate watch and a joy to wear, so I'm really glad that you own it now and it has a good home...:)

That is really special to know for me Mike. Rest assured it is staying with me forever. It is a Birth year watch for me I was born in December 72. I had my eye on it since summer with Scott. But various watches got in the way. For some reason though I kept going back to look at it! When I received it I fell in love with the quality in the cut of the case and the sheer class of the whole thing. It is just so cleanly designed. The condition is exemplary. I wear it every day. So rest assured it is getting enjoyed and appreciated! I feel a bit unworthy now!:thumbsup:

It is actually the reason which inspired this thread as the time keeping is amazing! You have blown my cover:laugh:

• Like 2

Just now, badgersdad said:

We're in. I'll be interested to see how a 72 hand wind omega does against a 72 f300hz omega.

Gauntlet down.Set and ready to go.

photo 20151028_085326.jpg

game on:thumbsup:

strange how we have a leaning to swiss oldish and old:laugh: is this where our confidence lies?:laugh:

26 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

game on:thumbsup:

strange how we have a leaning to swiss oldish and old:laugh: is this where our confidence lies?:laugh:

If the king seiko wasn't temporarily out of commission I'd be putting my chips on that. In fact I might add that as well. Swiss vs Japanese,  electronic vs mechanical. 

Edited by badgersdad
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

I'd throw my CCCP in as well but I'd have to wear it on my ankle

:laugh: :laugh:

I see we've already got a few excuses from the Seiko's boys

:biggrin:

Are you callin' me yella ? That's fightin' talk where I come from !:aggressive:

As I understand it a grace period has been allowed so I guess I'll go double wristed and hope I can keep the DX going. Will set it (it hacks, as does the Hamiton) at 8 this morning.