• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Any one up for a competition?

Nigelp

15 hours ago, Montybaber said:

My GS would 100% win (would be bang on in a months time) but being quartz i didn't think it was fair:laugh:

Also bear in mind i have Much more accurate autos that i wouldnt wear to work

And for the record id never say my SKX was crap lol

Anything is allowed It is totally fair to pit your best watch to see if it really is best!:laugh:

54 minutes ago, hughlle said:

my SMP is ten seconds fast already :)

oh no!:laugh:

1 hour ago, badgersdad said:

A

Pah. As of 6.30 this morning, neither the f300 or the KS had lost or gained a single second. Neck and neck.

my '72 manual is spot on at the moment :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, badgersdad said:

If the king seiko wasn't temporarily out of commission I'd be putting my chips on that. In fact I might add that as well. Swiss vs Japanese,  electronic vs mechanical. 

that would be good 

:laugh:

Remember chaps all is fair in love and war. And no excuses for not entering your best watch for the challenge to see if it really is best! Claims 'I have this mega watch'...' which will beat you all'...'But I'm not entering it because'. Will be taken to imply you are scared of it disgracing itself' :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, badgersdad said:

If the king seiko wasn't temporarily out of commission I'd be putting my chips on that. In fact I might add that as well. Swiss vs Japanese,  electronic vs mechanical. 

that would be good 

1 hour ago, ong said:

I set this yesterday at 5pm so will take a 3 hour handicap if you let me join in or if I'm too late I will act as silent observer   

IMAG0170_zpss4axu5zb_edit_1451565265680_

You are welcome to join mate and to anyone else who is brave enough to enter a really nice watch into the 'challenge'. Come on lads enter when ever you want and just adjust the running time by adding a day or whatever. You can even enter more than one watch! I'm a totally easy going guy. The rules are flexible but no cheating!:laugh:

• Like 1

Great competition Nigel and I would join in except that I will probably be in hospital over that period, and when in hospital I will wear a low cost quartz number.

Thanks everyone for showing the watches they will be using for this interesting accuracy test. I shall be looking forward to seeing who is the winner, and what watches have lost out in the timing stakes.:)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Always"watching" said:

Great competition Nigel and I would join in except that I will probably be in hospital over that period, and when in hospital I will wear a low cost quartz number.

Thanks everyone for showing the watches they will be using for this interesting accuracy test. I shall be looking forward to seeing who is the winner, and what watches have lost out in the timing stakes.:)

Best wishes for a productive visit. We'll be thinking of you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nigelp said:

Anything is allowed It is totally fair to pit your best watch to see if it really is best!:laugh:

oh no!:laugh:

my '72 manual is spot on at the moment :thumbsup:

that would be good 

Remember chaps all is fair in love and war. And no excuses for not entering your best watch for the challenge to see if it really is best! Claims 'I have this mega watch'...' which will beat you all'...'But I'm not entering it because'. Will be taken to imply you are scared of it disgracing itself' :thumbsup:

I only said that because its a 9f. I can guarantee it would be bang on in a week in fact it has never deviated yet in all the time i have owned it!

BTW my crap SKX is currently at -9 secs which isnt too shabby 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Levity said:

Oh dear, but  a few more days to go yet, and both were unworn until I got home tonight.

Set at 8AM today

23547737783_da04bc1e7e_z.jpg

Set at 8PM last night.

23806690029_092434dc17_z.jpg

Null and void results as you are not using the "standard" Nige has set the trial by

:laugh:  :laugh:

So at 24hrs in 

LV:      3 seconds fast

GMT:  4 seconds slow

I'm a bit surprised that the LV is so close given the life it's had and that both are still within spec all be it only just for the GMT. I should add that neither have left my wrist and the hardest thing I've done in the last 24hrs is make a few cups of coffee and read books.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BondandBigM said:

Null and void results as you are not using the "standard" Nige has set the trial by

:laugh:  :laugh:

So at 24hrs in 

LV:      3 seconds fast

GMT:  4 seconds slow

I'm a bit surprised that the LV is so close given the life it's had and that both are still within spec all be it only just for the GMT. I should add that neither have left my wrist and the hardest thing I've done in the last 24hrs is make a few cups of coffee and read books.

Damn, you're right. By that clock the Seiko has lost 5 days already ! :laugh:

• Like 2

My 55-y-o Omega is doing well. After a night on its back...ooh, err, Missus...and a day on the wrist it has gained 1 sec, so now -5 net.:)

This is the first watch I bought as a vintage, back in 2008, and I have often said it would be the last to leave.

omegaostrich.jpg

• Like 4