• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Any one up for a competition?

Nigelp

1 minute ago, Iceblue said:

Well I am pleased to say I am going for the watch that Gains the most time  :notworthy:lol at the moment I'm time traveling ahead of time get in what a way to go I am never going to be late again  :laugh:

Is it magnetised? I had a watch that gained lots of time and a cheap demagnetiser sorted it straight away 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Another invalid result due to non approved measuring equipment.

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm cheating and using the watch tracker app. Steinhart was at + .2 secs to earlier. Never worn it for this long.

2016_01_06_08_30_56.png

After 2.7 days, Steinhart is at -1.6 secs

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hughlle said:

Still within COSC specs then :) my smp is about 35 seconds fast. I've given up on that and am looking how the broad arrow is faring.

Sounds like your SMP needs a service. My PO was losing that sort of time when I got it.  The previous owner had had the watch er 'serviced' but I had it done again by Omega.  Problem was in the 2500 movement so this was upgraded and now it's keeping time as shown. Best £370 I spent IMO. 

• Like 1

My Omega has gained another second back and is now at -4.  This watch is pretty remarkable, really. When I did the test last year it lost around seven seconds per day, but it was tested against two other watches and it was a box test.  This is clearly one that likes to be worn and likes to be kept going – I have this theory that watches perform best when they do what they were designed to do, and are allowed to do it on a daily basis.  Maybe I should sell the rest of my collection? :laugh:

• Like 6

I will have to cop out on this one. I wound my vintage omega morning and night for 2 days and then on the third day it stopped after only 6 hours despite appearing to be fully wound. It does this sometimes it runs for nearly 12 hours on a full wind and sometimes only 6. Any one know why?:laugh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

I will have to cop out on this one. I wound my vintage omega morning and night for 2 days and then on the third day it stopped after only 6 hours despite appearing to be fully wound. It does this sometimes it runs for nearly 12 hours on a full wind and sometimes only 6. Any one know why?:laugh:

Probably needs a service and new mainspring. When was it last serviced?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AVO said:

Probably needs a service and new mainspring. When was it last serviced?

No idea just bought it off Scott who assures me it should be spot on I will ask him I thought it was me not winding it right it seems to loose the most time at night when set down on the case back. Scott will sort me out I will have a word.

1. To gain a few seconds, lay the watch flat face-up overnight.

2. To lose a few seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown downwards overnight.

3. To lose a few more seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown up.

That's the advice from Rolex, with regard to its mechanical watches, can't fault it.:wink:

It seems that mechanical watches need some user input to perform at their best, I don't mind that.

I suspect that advice was given to a person who owned just one watch and was truly bothered about it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stan said:

1. To gain a few seconds, lay the watch flat face-up overnight.

2. To lose a few seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown downwards overnight.

3. To lose a few more seconds, lay the watch vertically with the crown up.

That's the advice from Rolex, with regard to its mechanical watches, can't fault it.:wink:

It seems that mechanical watches need some user input to perform at their best, I don't mind that.

I suspect that advice was given to a person who owned just one watch and was truly bothered about it?

Works for me. Steinhart was at -2.5 secs last night. After a night face up its within a second of spot on now. I've found this works with Seiko movements too.

• Like 1