• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Guest Bruce

Seiko Dolce

Guest Bruce

i bought this after NigelP posted its availability on the Cash Convertors website, so thanks NigelP [ i think] :thumbsup: :angry::thumbsup::angry::thumbsup::angry:, to be honest i dont need much encouragement to buy a watch:laugh:

Its the Seiko Dolce 5E31A-7A50, i mistakenly thought it had the 8J41 movement in it and bought it as a donor movement for a project i have in mind, the 8J41 is an HEQ thermocompensated movement accurate to 10 seconds a year, now that sort of tech "beebs my horn" :toot:

it turns out though that the 5E31A is a relative and is accurate to 20 seconds a year, not to be sniffed at :yes: whats a loss 20 seconds a year anyway?

problem is its too good to break, from what i can gather it dates to around 1995/6, it is in super condition with a flat unmarked sapphire crystal, the only negative is a tiny dot above the 6 marker that is only seen at certain angles, the case despite the super critical images is actually very good and would take a light polish

so......what do i do? do i break it or not?  one thing is for sure though, i will never wear it, just not my thing.

DSCF8187.jpg

DSCF8189.jpg

8280a5a1-ca8a-4ca3-bd31-935969341d4a.jpg

Edited by Bruce

I think I would keep it intact and stick it on sales corner for trade, you might get a watch you will wear and someone might take a liking to the Dolce and wear it. Its worth a try:thumbsup:

Guest Bruce
2 minutes ago, hughlle said:

I'd say that unless you really want to use the movement, then maybe let someone else enjoy it. Or just break it :) 

so either then :laugh:

Guest Bruce
2 minutes ago, hughlle said:

basically it is yours do whatever you like :) 

thankyou :thumbsup::)

Stick in the trade section against the movement you want. Ugly watch, breaking it might improve its looks though.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Holy thread revival. But ive just picked up an 8j41 tc qtz. The dolce version ive been after in an earlier case design. Probably 90s. I'll post pics in the jap section. This thread will serve as background. To these super accurate qtz. Nig. 

• Like 1