• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Birth of Soviet Watchmaking

Birth of Soviet Watchmaking

Perhaps you are aware of my story/blog about Hampden watches and of how that led on to an interest in Soviet Type-1 watches.

Recently, the Soviet chaper has expanded out of proportion to the original Hampden theme and I have more information to introduce that is not directly linked to Type-1’s. For this reason I have placed it on it’s own URL Birth of Soviet Watchmaking

Some members have kindly placed links from their sites to my old story, if so perhaps they would replace it with the new URL address and banner.

The old Hampden Watches is still available.

Thanks
Worzel

Name:  blog banner.jpg Views: 72 Size:  12.1 KB

• Like 1

Fascinating history lesson.

it would be good to have the history of watchmaking from the break up of the Cccp ,it is mentioned in the final part but as a "not sure" .

just acquired  a 3133 movement  cased and sold as CCCP(time) which seems to have a Hong Kong link for sales but has on the watch back Russian mechanical movement assembled in Switzerland......anybody expert on this?

32 minutes ago, vinn said:

I have a few hampden pocket watches.  BUT when I clicked on the link I  was bombarded with  google  demands for "cookies".   whats that about and does it belong  on a forum?

I agree and if it's happening - I will remove it. So far today there have been 11 referrals from the link.

Worzel