• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

line release quartz tester

I'm thinking about getting one of these.  Some are cheap - £15, but cheap means two things and no one wants a cheap suit.  Good value is better

Any recommendations?

One of these just saved me a fortune when my watchmaker tested an Omega that i feared beyond repair and couldn't find a movement to replace the NFG one - three seconds on the line release and it started up again (it is now being serviced to make sure that it doesn't stop again)

1 minute ago, rogart said:

yep.  That one looks like it has been knocked together by someone on the first week of an electronics course, which is putting me off these cheap ones

i have one like this, it does a few things which really is all you can do with a quartz movement, it will check circuit pulse etc, i dont use it much but handy when needed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANCHOR-QUARTZ-WATCH-TESTER-NEW-WATCH-AND-CLOCK-PARTS-/391377816757?hash=item5b1fef8cb5:g:3vgAAOSw0HVWDAL3

to be honest you can do much the same with a decent quality volt meter

Edited by Bruce